Books You Can’t Live Without.
I love my Kindle 2. Other than my iPhone 3G I don’t know if there is a piece of technology that I like better. (OK, my MacBook Pro is way up there, but I digress).
For a road warrior, it is fantastic. It holds a gazillion books, you can subscribe to mags, newspapers, blogs and other media that just magically show up. It has lots of battery capacity and it downloads books in a blink. It’s small and light, which are musts for travelers. I don’t know exactly why, but the material presented in this digital format reads faster. Sounds weird, but it really does. I read a book on speed-reading earlier in life and I think it has something to do with peripheral vision, mechanics of page turning and quantum physics. Anyway, it just reads faster.
I’m working my way through Malcolm Gladwell’s “Outliers” currently. Sorry to say that it is not one of his better books when compared with “Blink” and “Tipping Point” but it’s interesting.
My question for everyone is what books would you keep with you at all times if you could carry hundreds of books with no extra weight? Short list for me….
- The Bible – NIV Student Edition (Worldwide bestseller, lots of wisdom, source of my faith and candidly, I fly a lot…)
- Whale Hunting: How to Land Big Sales and Transform Your Company (Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Shameless plug.)
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The Art of War – Sun-Tzu (Strategy cannot be overrated)
- The Trusted Advisor – David H. Maister (Brilliant professional services insights)
- The Effective Executive – Peter F. Drucker (Best executive management book out there)
What would you include?