Sometimes I’m shocked by the amount of time it takes for the “obvious” to become apparent to me.
We just completed a review of 100 of our clients as a means of calibrating our Target Filter and determining the characteristics of our most successful clients. We’re always trying to define our best prospects, not just those with the “potential to buy our services with speed,” (although that’s a very important quality), but those with the “greatest potential to implement our system with success.” The latter is the more important quality for us. It’s the quality on which our brand is built. To pick our prospects for the future, we wanted to use our past clients as our base data.
For the sake of the analysis, we defined successful implementation outcomes for our client as having one or more of these qualities:
- Landed at least one account that was 10 – 20 times the size of their average account
- Doubled their rate of sales revenue growth in the 12 month cycle following implementation
- Grew targeted existing accounts by greater than 40% within six months
From our analysis, the companies that achieved these outcomes by implementing the Hunt Big Sales system exhibit the following characteristics:
- Between $5M and $125M in annual revenue
- Privately held with majority ownership in the CXO positions
- Profitable operations over most recent 3+ year period
- Senior management has been working together for 2+ years
- Company has and implements its Strategic Plan
- CEO/Executive Management invests in professional development
This last quality was UNIVERSAL!